Dolby Vision Individual Certification
About this Offering
This offering provides a single individual application to the Dolby Vision Certification test. This test is designed to verify that you are familiar with the Dolby Vision process and applying the tools and techniques required to create Dolby Vision content for home entertainment.
As a pre-requisite to this test, you should already have in-depth knowledge about creating Dolby Vision content on color grading systems and be familiar with the Dolby Vision Professional tools. This knowledge may have been gained through experience in creating Dolby Vision content, or through training, or both. Prior to taking the test, Dolby recommends that you have completed Dolby Vision training either through the instructor-led training available for purchase on this site or through the self-guided training available at Dolby Professional Support Learning
After purchase, you will receive details on how to access the online multiple-choice test, the HDR video file, and instructions to complete the practical test. A completed Dolby Vision IMF with appropriate metadata will need to be sent to Dolby for verification. Access to a supported Dolby Vision color grading or mastering system will be required to create the Dolby Vision IMF. Please contact us with your order number should you need access to a temporary Dolby Vision License.
In order to gain Dolby Vision certification, it is necessary to pass the online test with a result of 85% or higher and to submit a valid Dolby Vision IMF following the necessary steps to the satisfaction of Dolby. The purchase of each application allows for submission of the online test and the Dolby Vision IMF, with up to one resubmission included. Further resubmissions will require the purchase of an additional application to the test. For full details, see the Terms and Conditions.
Dolby Vision Individual Certification Discount Offer
We are currently offering a 20% discount on the Dolby Vision Individual Certification when purchased concurrently with Dolby Vision Training. To receive this discount, please enter TRAINCERT20 at checkout.
Terms and Conditions
- This offering includes the submission, and if necessary, one resubmission to the online and practical tests. Should the applicant not pass the required tests within two attempts, a new application must be purchased.
- Certification is granted only upon the successful completion of the required online and practical tests.
- Upon payment of the certification fee and receipt of the certification, Dolby will provide you with access to its relevant certification marks and associated use guidelines (“Marks”) for you to use, as an individual, to indicate that you successfully completed the Dolby Vision Certified Professional assessment. You may not sub-license or grant any rights you obtain in or to the Mark to any third party. You acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in the Marks and agree that: (a) you will take no action, directly or indirectly or through cooperation with any third party, to challenge the validity or ownership of any Dolby trademarks; (b) any rights that may subsequently accrue in the Mark as a result of your activity will inure to the benefit of Dolby; and (c) you will not file any application for registration of the Mark or any Dolby trademark symbol or phrase, in any language, which is confusingly similar to the Mark. Dolby may revoke your use of the Marks at any time and at Dolby’s sole discretion, for any reason.
- Applicants have 90 days from purchase to submit both the online and practical test applications.
- A refund may be requested up until test application submission or within 90 days of purchase, whichever occurs first.
- For additional terms and conditions, please visit Dolby Terms and Conditions
For more information on this offering, please contact us.